About Sharjah International Marine Sports Club
The establishment of the Sharjah International Marine Sports Club reflects the vision of His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, Member of the Supreme Council and the Ruler of the Emirate of Sharjah.
In 2014, His Highness issued an Emiri Decree for the establishment of the Sharjah International Marine Sports Club. Decree No. 60 of 2014 stipulates that the Sharjah International Marine Sports Club will be established in the Emirate of Sharjah, and the club will be responsible for organizing and conducting sporting activities that are practiced for competitive or recreational purposes above, on the surface or depth of the sea or lakes.
The main objectives of the club:
- Establishing sporting relation with various local and private sports institutions and clubs
- Spreading the culture of marine sports and encourage individuals to practice it
- Develop legal and administrative systems related to the exercise of marine sports that contribute to the revival of local heritage
- Follow-up maritime activities and likewise attend conferences, workshops and seminars related to the marine sports
- Prepare and implement inductions and promotional campaigns to keep the spirit and enliven marine sports